Larry C Wgw

| map-marker Huntington, West Virginia

Disrespect to a loyal customer

Updated by user Jul 19, 2024

The address is wrong the store is on US ROUTE 60 EASTHUNTINGTON, WV 25705

Original review Jul 19, 2024
I must admit that my recent experience at one of your locations has left me feeling quite the opposite. On the morning of July 19th, at approximately 4:15 a.m., I walked over a mile to my local Speedway store to purchase supplies for my family.

Unfortunately, what followed was a series of frustrating events that compelled me to share my dissatisfaction.
Upon arriving at the store, I was met with a note on the door indicating that your systems were temporarily down. Understandably, technical glitches happen, and I patiently waited outside to see how long it would take for the issue to be resolved. However, despite my efforts, no staff member came to address the situation or provide any explanation.
After standing there for a good ten minutes, a lady finally emerged from the store. Instead of offering an apology or acknowledging the inconvenience, she informed me that I was loitering and needed to leave.

I couldn't help but feel disrespected as a loyal customer who frequents Speedway almost every day.
I believe that customer service is the backbone of any successful business, and this experience fell far short of my expectations. As someone who relies on your store for essential items, I am deeply disappointed. If this is the treatment loyal patrons receive, I can't help but wonder how others are treated.
Rest assured, I won't remain silent about this. I plan to share my experience on my blog, urging others to reconsider their loyalty to Speedway.

It's essential for companies to recognize the impact of their actions on customers, especially those who have consistently supported them.
I sincerely hope that you take my feedback seriously and address the issues at this particular location. As a concerned customer, I implore you to improve your service and treat all patrons with the respect they deserve.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Sincerely,
Larry Cochran
larrycochran304@***.com
P.S.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for improvements. I hope to return to a better Speedway experience in the future.
Pros:
  • Convience
Cons:
  • Where do i start

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Avoid companies that dont appreciate our hard earned money.

Guest

Microsoft had an international outage. Technology was affected by millions of businesses.

Having said that, the employee was way out of line. I worked at a Speedway briefly during college and I know this employee would be disciplined for her nasty behavior.

Try to find out who the regional manager is and let them know. Speedway has lots of cameras, so there should be a record of this.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2561337

Actually it was Crowdstrike and there *** programming that had the issue.

Christopher G Qat

| map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

Complaint

Hello. My name is Chris C. Garcia and I have a major complaint. I just left the Speedway on 201 Rio Bravo Blvd. SW, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87105, store # 8693 or I should say, I was kicked out. Please, let me explain.

I have been coming to this store for several years as I live a block away. Most of the employees know me or at least recognize me. Today, I went in and before I could pass the front door, the manager shouted at the top of her lungs, 'You cannot come in here! You must leave now!' This was rather embarrassing as there were customers in lines and everyone turned to look at me. I could only ask, 'What did I do?' Another male employee shouted, 'Dude, don't argue, just leave!'

I felt like a low-life. I didn't do anything. I absolutely HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG! I have never shoplifted or committed any kind of fraud, or done anything illegal. I felt discriminated against because I am a dark-complexioned Hispanic--just like 90% of the people in this neighborhood. However, I am an honest-working, tax-paying, registered voter, red-blooded American citizen, and Albuquerque native. I have done nothing to be banned and told not to come back.

If you can contact them and get to the bottom of this, it would be greatly appreciated. I will take full responsibility for my actions and accept my consequences. But, I have the right to defend myself when I've done nothing wrong. We can review the cameras, etc. to determine what is going on. I feel this might be a case of mistaken identity.

So, if you could please look into this matter, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much. My contact information is enclosed.

User's recommendation: I have no comment

Deb C Frp

| map-marker Coon Rapids, Minnesota

Overcharge at the pump

Speedway Gas Station - Overcharge at the pump
Speedway Gas Station - Overcharge at the pump - Image 2

I hope this is the right email. I have tried others with no response.

I stopped in at your location on Northdale Blvd store 4290 in MN. I went to top off my half tank of gas. The pump stopped at $23.86 , which was just about 8 gallons at $3.009 with my rewards. All of the sudden the $23.86 dropped into the gallons and charged me $71.78.

I went inside, the person told me it just happened to another lady and I have go to my bank to take care of it. My bank could not believe this could not be done on site. Is there any way this can be taken care of so I don't have to go through the dispute? I am so sick to my stomach and in tears.

When I went back to see if it could be taken care of by a manager this morning due to no management on site when this happened, the was a yellow Out of Order bag on the pump. So obviously there was a problem.

Loss:
Pros:
  • No problem before i am a valued rewards member
Cons:
  • Just this no mgr on site to help

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Guest

What do you mean the $23.86 dropped into the gallons? Did you make sure you got a receipt?

Guest

There was no problem and I think you're lying about going to the bank. If you did and they told you this nonsense, they are fools like you.

It's a normal hold that ALL gas stations put on a card if you buy at the pump.

The charges should fall off in a few days if not now. Let's see if you're woman enough to come back and say you were wrong and know NOTHING about credit/debit cards.

DEBORAH B Psu

Complaint about a manager at a store in Perrysburg, OH

My 19-year-old granddaughter works at the store in Perrysburg, OH. The manager there is quite a bully.

She belittles my granddaughter in front of customers, makes her work 16-hour shifts, and shows absolutely no gratitude for anything she does. She came to my house today in tears... I told her no one should have to work under those hostile conditions. I have encouraged her to put in her two-week notice, she is way too stressed out to work there anymore.

She said she called Human Resources but could get no assistance at all. Absolutely a horrible environment at that location.

Pros:
  • I dont mind shopping at speedway with friendly people
Cons:
  • Going into a speedway
  • Hearing the manager yelling at an employee

Eric P Les

| map-marker Clayton, North Carolina

Upset unappreciated customer

Speedway Gas Station - Upset unappreciated customer

I am a local business owner, Eric$$## , #$@$$#LLC dba @####trucking and can be reached at 919

#$#&$#@ or $####trucking$###@gmail.com. I own $$ quad Axle freightliner semi dump trucks as well as a small fleet of commercial vehicles, besides being a neighbor at the local highway 42 / powhatan road location, but on occasions I visit the other store up the road on 42 or right off of 42 they're in Clayton.

I'll have to get the exact location, but there was an issue tonight with an associate named Kim who refused to give me the corporate number, and threaten to call the police, when she blatantly handed me the wrong item ( 50$ lottery ticket #25 ) after refusing to cash the one I just handed her. On the prior transaction I just handed her $180, for 2 50 tickets &2 20 $ tickets... I lost from the first 2 50s but won 40 each on the two $20 tickets bringing me to $100 total lost, as I cash the man and she tried to hand me the same ticket again and I told her no I meant the same two meaning the 50s I said I would not want to play the ones that I just won back-to-back I didn't feel like they were in our favor after just winning the ticket prior, she huffed a little butt reluctantly handed me the other two $50 tickets once I showed her the other 20 was already on the counter for the difference making it 100 even. Luckily I won one of the tickets for $200, but lost the other.

Being polite and jovial even after they asked me for a tip, I asked for the subsequent ticket behind the losing ticket which she still had in her hand, she intentionally handed me the wrong ticket, with no way to really check it as the transaction proceeded because they look exactly the same they're on different sides of the register, as I walked away and noticed it was wrong, totally untouched nothing wrong with the ticket unblemished, I asked her to give me the other one that that was the wrong ticket, not only did she refuse she threaten to call the police if I didn't take the ticket and leave. At first I was insisted that she did indeed do that call the police but letting cooler has prevail I decided to take the ticket and the receipt and ask for corporate's number and to that she refused and we have the phone as if she was going to call the police, that big deal other than anything wrong so I took the ticket and the receipt and walked out the door. The camera will support everything I just said, if check, and if you look you'll see what she pulled out the wrong tickets the first time and I had to correct her and have her pull in the Right tickets because of the exact same thing that I just spoken and the trainee was right there to observe the entire thing, and it passed and being honest he cannot say that I was being ugly or anything out of the way was said. I probably spend upwards of 100,000 or more just in fuel their yearly, and probably half that amount in groceries and drinks for my guys and ice and things we need because they're so convenient to my shop at the other location just 2 miles down the road.

The associate's name was Kim I don't know her position there, I had something similar happened and the other location, but I think with my relationship with the manager at that store that can hopefully be solved internally, but this is absolute garbage, I still have the ticket I haven't touched it, I plan to call the NC Lottery commission first thing in the morning, but would like the opportunity to speak with you guys as well. If it wasn't on the heels multiple issues where nothing's been said, me just walking away never challenging it, I probably wouldn't let this one slide but it's an ongoing issue there, I'd like it resolved please. Thank you for your time. Your customer Eric _$#$$.

It says to be reached by email but I would like a phone call as well please.

I don't have a voicemail setup so if you don't reach me please leave me an email but I'd like to talk to a person if possible.

The store is actually off highway 42, let me get my receipt and see if that's the actual store number... It did not give me the option but it is the speedway number 0008299 Clayton North Carolina 291 highway 42 East, the transaction number was 474**** at register three, the dates 1222/2023 at 12:28 and 49 seconds, I should say number one North Carolina $50 in quotes 913 and quotes 10M spect

Loss:
Pros:
  • Pro- open 24
Cons:
  • Open 24 stations have a hard time with employees

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't take out my frustrations on them hopefully your experience will be different

Jess W Uzs

Verified Reviewer

I have a complaint about a employee.

The employee in question has multiple felonies in LaSalle County, IL; her name is Tiffany Waltz. She is employed at the Peru, IL Speedway as an assistant manager, and she is attempting to get the other employees there at Speedway to sell drugs for her.

I also overheard a conversation between her and another employee about a plan to steal money from Speedway to buy drugs. I recognized her from the newspaper.

I don't understand why your company would employ a person who has multiple felonies for drugs and theft. My family and I will not shop there or tolerate this kind of behavior.

Cons:
  • Poor management

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: I would not recommend for you to shop here.

Anna C Glp

| map-marker Weslaco, Texas

Please forward to the correct department if this is not it. I am pissed.

It is against the law not to provide a restroom facility for customers, and I am (was) a paying customer who has been denied a restroom at least five times in the last two months in your stores and I am sick of it.

Im about to call OSHA, the health department, and anyone else I can file a report bc of you all allowing your employes to violate major codes. And you cannot for a second tell me that youre not aware of it. Because I will not believe you. I worked in the convenience store industry as well. I know it all. Your associates at three of the stores, one of them being the East Ridge store that I visited tonight and walked out immediately after a rude, strung out, looking blonde girl possibly with glasses on, but I think she was just trying to cover up her eyes if she was wearing them, Denying me MY right to use the restroom in a *** business that I was going to be purchasing about $70 worth of stuff in, (Which is why I always try to use the restroom before I make a purchase) and she and all others have admitted that they dont want to clean the restrooms and thats why they close them at night. So basically what they said, were too lazy to clean them, so we locked them. Corporate knows, corporate doesnt care, we do it whatever the *** we want to after 6pm. And no exceptions whatsoever, if I make one exception for you, I have to make exceptions for everyone.

I dont give a business my money if I cant use the freaking restroom. So you guys lost out on several sales this month.

I was a store manager for 20 years and if my employees did that, and I walked in the store and found out or if a customer notified me, they would be canned in a heartbeat! No iffs, ands, or buts!! TERMINATED!

I expect an email back immediately. Again, please forward this to the correct department because I dont have time to look through your mini numbers and websites and emails. You guys can do your job. Send this to the correct person and have them contact me immediately.

User's recommendation: If you have to use the restroom, don’t go here. Don’t waste your money on a place that will not let you use the restroom.

Tamika T Tqr

| map-marker Maple Heights, Ohio

Harassment

Speedway Gas Station - Harassment
Speedway Gas Station - Harassment - Image 2
Speedway Gas Station - Harassment - Image 3

Ive already spoke to customer service about this matter a man saying that he was an employee harassing me and telling me he would physically escort me out of the building. It was very unsettling and uncomfortable and unfortunate because this is the closest gas station to me and my favorite one honestly honestly.

Pros:
  • Reasonably priced close to home
Cons:
  • Strange man harassing me

Preferred solution: To not be see this man in there again

User's recommendation: Avoid this man if you see him

Victoria T Guo

Verified Reviewer

Missing funds on gift card

Speedway Gas Station - Missing funds on gift card

This morning I went in to location 0009373 to use my Food & Merchandise card . Which I actually had 2 of them.

1 card had only .76 on it the other had $10.00 which after looking at transactions it should had $20.00 the reason I say that is because after viewing my transaction history the amounts dont add up. And really dont now because he said it had nothing on the card and clearly my app shows $10.00 and history reflects there should be $20. But now to how it all started. I had a few speedy key cards means reward accounts that I want to go ahead and redeem points for gift cards.

So what we did was just add the amounts to one gift card on 11/27/2023. When I left the store that morning I left with $30 on a gift card. And only one Rewards account now. Thought I was in good shape.

So later on the 11/27/2023 11:25am I used $10 of that $30. Bring my balance to be $20 then on 12/12/2023 I redeem rewards again to add $10 bring me back to $30.0 then I used $10 of it so balance should be $20 but only shows $10 on my account. Then when I go in today 02/08/2023 the girl tells me the card has $0 dollars on it and my app shows $10 . Im wanting to know where my balance of my gift card is I have a picture to provide.

If need I can send you the. Pictures on my transaction on my app

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Keep receipts

Stephanie K Lsi

| map-marker South Charleston, West Virginia

Poor customer service

Speedway Gas Station - Poor customer service
Speedway Gas Station - Poor customer service - Image 2

Speedway located at 400 MacCorkle ave sw South Charleston Wv. I stopped in after work to purchase two packs of cigarettes, and I went ahead and grabbed a couple of candy bars that were on sale.

The woman behind the counter asked me if I had my ID for the cigarettes, which I do not as I lost them a couple weeks ago when my purse dumped out. I expressed my frustration because I have never been carded in this location and I have been using this location for approximately 17 to 18 years. I did not raise my voice nor curse but did state that it wasnt right as they never do it any other time. The lady proceeded to tell me they card everyone all the time and I stated no again I had only been carded there 1 time in the past 20 years and that had been years ago.

I also stated that I knew I didnt look under 30 which is fed and state rules. I had already pushed the candy bars to the side put my card and wallet back in my purse and turned to leave. When a young man proceeded to tell me thats how it is and to never come back there. He did in fact raise his voice.

My issue is if speedway actually has a policy to card everyone all the time it has never been enforced I would have known not to stop there. Secondly the kid that got involved after I had already removed my items and had already proceeded to leave was majorly out of line! This is the same location where I believe the same young man IDed my daughter who is 23 but looks 16 and when she went to get her ID out he laughed and said oh pull out your little fake ID for me she had her passport and he just rolled his eyes when she handed it to him. Needless to say Ill never visit this store due to the kids attitude young man.

I want to state for the record its not the fact of carding its the fact that its not consistent However, the attitude of the young man is my biggest complaint. I would attach a copy of state and federal guidelines to this if I could.

Pros:
  • Convenience to my home
Cons:
  • Slow poor customer service

Guest

Past procedures on their part doesn’t dictate present policy. They are allowed to have stricter policies than the State mandates.

The reason the male got involved is you kept running your mouth when it wasn’t needed. Do better.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2440472

I did not “keep running my mouth” and if you had ready my complaint I’m not upset so much about the Iding it’s the inconsistency of it as I had been using that store for at least 18 years and only been carded 1x. I never yelled I never cursed and was very calm.

People are allowed to be frustrated and are allowed to vent frustration in a respectful manner which I was being respectful. I’m allowed to call them out on there inconsistency. Again I had already turned and was leaving when the little boy decided to get on his power trip.

The situation was done and over with all he tried to to is escalate it! You know opinions are like *** everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs smells nicer

Adam C Ggg

| map-marker Cleveland, Ohio

Lazy, disrespectful employees

Updated by user Feb 25, 2024

Speedway just doesn’t care they hire people in the corporate office just like people behind the glass lazy no good no customer service skills to people that are trying to make their business better while tell this my name rings bells in the streets of Columbus, Ohio and I will tell everybody to stay away from speedway go to Sheetz go to BP don’t go to speedway ever again they’re dirty *** Can’t keep a clean can’t stock their product. Have people asking for money out in front of their establishment they’re on drugs super bad speedway just don’t give a *** any other gas station you see the people behind the glass come out and tell those people to get away from their property or they’re gonna call the police Speedway, they do drugs and drug trafficking out in front of stores

Original review Feb 16, 2024
It is Friday, February 16, 2024. Im sending you an email due to the fact that your speedway on S.

High St. in Columbus Ohio by Greenlawn Avenue is by far some of the laziest disrespectful employees Ive ever seen in my life the first thing most people do when they leave their home in the morning is they stop somewhere and get a cup of coffee not everybody but some people. so your speedway on S. High St.

im on my way to work on Tuesday morning a little after 4:30 AM go there to get a cappuccino and every one of your cappuccinos are either out or barely have anything in them Ive went every day since Tuesday and you guys are out I dont understand. You have two people behind the glass never busy during those hours in the morning and they cant stock the coffee or the cappuccino machine. This is ridiculous its like they just dont care so finally this morning Friday, February 16, 2024. I walked in just a minute ago and it was still out of cappuccino.

No one has touched it. No one has cared the employee after I said youve got to be kidding me. You guys still have not stocked the cappuccino machine. Im just gonna go ahead and call corporate.

Clearly you dont care come on come back inside Ill go ahead and do it right now. You shouldve done it four days ago, the guys been working on third shift he just doesnt care hes disrespectful every time I walk into that speedway youre employees are disrespectful. The only person that is nice is the lady named Tammy that does the cooking back there she is help me out numerous times because youre employees behind the glass. Dont wanna come out to help out a customer or stock donut set in a pile for hours on Thursday morning I got there at six on Thursday, 15 February usually around that time the donuts are usually warm or fresh.

I open the box and they were crunchy. You guys have to do something about the speedway on S. High St. I believe the address is 1620 South High St.

Im not sure but its the closest one to Greenlawn Avenue. Its disgusting dirty and downright foul lazy disrespectful employees. You guys should do a better job screening your employees somebody that takes pride in their job like the lady that cooks there in the morning times her name is Tammy not even her job to come out and assist customers with the coffee, but she has on numerous occasions I just had enough I shouldve called months and months and months ago , or send an email months and months and months ago I just had enough and now Im doing it today. Hopefully you guys can help me out if you do that would be great.

Id love to have some fresh coffee so I dont have to drive to another place and waste more time and being late to work once again because Im dealing with a dirty speedway. Im actually driving and doing a talk to text so if some words get mixed up, I apologize Im talking into my phone as Im driving.

User's recommendation: Don’t go to Speedway on S. High St. either you’ll have a crackhead begging for money or when you walk in and walk out you feel like you need to take a shower so disgusting

Robert v Yta

| map-marker Richmond, Kentucky

Homeless

Speedway Gas Station - Homeless

I live in Richmond KY and I wanted to let you know our speedway has homeless people living behind there dumpster. It's a eyesore and I can't believe you manager don't do something about it?

It really makes your store look bad!

I just want you to be aware what's going on. Thank you

Pros:
  • Discounts
Cons:
  • Unclean environment

Preferred solution: Clean up your store area

Darlene K Xux

Complaint

Speedway Gas Station - Complaint
Speedway Gas Station - Complaint - Image 2
Speedway Gas Station - Complaint - Image 3
Speedway Gas Station - Complaint - Image 4
Speedway Gas Station - Complaint - Image 5
Speedway Gas Station - Complaint - Image 6

speedway on West Ave in CROSSVILLE. They messy as can be.

it was slow as can be and no one cleaning or anything up. stuff everywhere.

Preferred solution: Gas

Madie Wjx

Inappropriate behavior

I've been coming to this speedway for a long time now. On many occasions, one of your employees, whose name is Nikki, has been over-engaging with customers.

She makes sexual comments and flirts with many people; this is sickening.

One of my friends was about to confront her physically; I had to talk her down. Please take care of this issue immediately.

Preferred solution: Remind your employees that speedway is not a club

Ellan Kip
map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Jomar needs to GO!

Unfriendly, doesnt know anything. pumps wernt working, several times i needed to go in and talk to him. put wrong amt on wrong pump.

If he would take his EAR BUDS out maybe he could answer appropriately. He serious needs to be fired.

i took a nasty fall, tripped on concrete base that had the border sticking out. Police were there for an accident and they saw me seriously go flying with legs up in air. They came to help me as i was bleeding. i went in and told Jomar and he didnt say one thing to me. Didnt ask if i was ok , NOTHING! He is no good for anything. No wonder u are rated 1 star, hes dragging u of the grid. if 0 was an option, thats what u would have.

the store was so dirty, stuff all over the floor. Total trashy place. Jomar cant say more than 2 words at a time. all he was doing was *** around behind the cashier Austra looking at things not even paying attention I couldve gas and go its so easy. Hes not monitoring cars hes listening to both earbuds in his ears that is so inappropriate its so unprofessional. This essay needs to be closed down State Health Dept came in you would because down its so dirty

User's recommendation: Please don’t waste your time it’s filthy and Paul in the workers are unprofessional and don’t know nothing

Lashun G Pnh

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Poor customer service

Every time I go in the speedway on N. Hamilton Rd .

This cashier is always sitting in this chair.

When I go to pick up door dash he makes me go pick it up. Just lazy

Preferred solution: Someone willing to work

User's recommendation: Take your business elsewhere

Autry Qdr

Have you ever thought the cashier has a medical condition and needs to sit? NO, you are just ASSuming that they are being lazy.

About