1.6

Speedway gives free crushed ice if you keep & bring in your cup(s) on the next visit. There are two stores in heavily populated black area/communities charging for ice if you bring in your (cup)s.

The manager at one store said “it’s just for the summer”. This type practice is not happening at other stores in Winston Salem. If Speedway wants to charge for crushed ice, it should be a store wide policy, not for certain communties who take advantage of what’s being offered. I was told by the cashier “Speedway free ice isn’t a replacement for other people’s ice trays”.

The stores are #6927 & #6936. Plus the customer service is not available for the hours stated on the when you call.

I never get any “people help” after 5 pm est but customer service recorded response state they are available until 8 pm est. Its blaten discrimination!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 07.

Comments

I've never walked in and received free ice, and it's a white area.

to Mike1983 #1536057

If you bring in a cup from a previous purchase you can get free ice!

h.kitchener

Oh, gosh life is tough---especially when you cannot get crushed ice and have the feeling that no one likes you. I expect you will do well in life.

to h.kitchener #1535441

Well unfortunately for you I can tell you don’t like yourself. I have and will continue to do well in my life.

I don’t like to see innocent people get taken advantage of because of the color of their skin and/or where they live. Go get therapy dude!