I stopped at Speedway after work with my 25 year old disabled veteran son. The manager there was obviously already in a foul mood.

We went to the register to pay for our pizzas and decided to get cigarettes while we were there too. I asked for a pack of my cigarettes (Marlboro Reds) and asked my son if HE needed a pack too. He said yes, so I asked for a pack of his as well (Newport Smooths). The manager said "See?

You just messed up!" I didn't know what he meant, so I asked him. He said he "wouldn't sell me the Newports because they weren't for HIM"...referring to my son. I assured him they were as that is the brand he smokes. He still refused.

My son offered to pay for his himself, had his money on the counter and was getting his ID out, when the manager still refused, saying "I'm not selling Newports. They're not for him, you said so yourself". When we tried to find out what he was talking about, he said "I'm done talking to you!" WE WERE THE ONLY TWO CUSTOMERS IN THE WHOLE GAS STATION. Honestly???

Who else would they be for??? My son had some of his cigarettes in the car and when he offered to show them to the manager to prove they were for him, he STILL refused and reiterated how he was "done talking to us". In my 50 years of life - most of them as a smoker, I have never been treated with such disrespect by an employee at a gas station over a pack of cigarettes...especially living here in the south!!! My son served this country.

He does NOT deserve to be treated in that way! That "manager", Ari F. was disrespectful, rude and downright hateful. My son and I should just take our business elsewhere.

At the very least, I would like a full refund on the money I spent there.

A formal apology from Ari F. would be nice too!!!!

Review about: Speedway Gas Station Manager.

I liked: Close to my work.

I didn't like: Management.

Comments

Moosie

I will also be calling the customer service number tomorrow hoping to find a way to rectify this matter.